Harley-Davidson Hooligan Racing
What’s a Hooligan? Let’s get right down to it. It’s a form of racing, but not just any racing – Harley-Davidson Racing. Let’s break it down for you.
Harley-Davidson does three kinds of racing.
- First, there’s the NHRA. You can follow 3-Time NHRA Pro Stock Motorcycle Champion, Eddie Krawiec, or maybe you’re more into 5-Time NHRA Pro Stock Motorcycle Champion, Andrew Hines.
- Then there’s Flat Track Racing. If you’re into that, you might be watching Kenny Coolbeth, a 3-Time Grand National Champion, or maybe you’re into the likes of Brandon Robinson, a 4-Time Grand National Event Winner and Jake Johnson, a 2-Time Grand National Champion.
- And then there’s Hooligan Racing….
Harley-Davidson Motor Company sponsors five Hooligan Race Teams (see them all here). And right in Huntington Beach Harley’s backyard is the Hooligan Race Team – Noise Cycles. When longtime friend and owner of Noise Cycles, Scott “T-Bone” Jones, approached us about partnering with Noise for the Hooligans, we were ecstatic! Read on to hear a little bit more about Noise Cycles as Scott gives us a little insight.
Tell us a little about you.
“I moved from North Carolina to Orange County in 1998 and I was a carpenter. After a while, I started hanging out at Chica Custom Cycles in Huntington Beach after work, and that is where my motorcycle bike building career ultimately began.”
How did you find your passion for racing?
“It all started at the Mama Tried Motorcycle Show in Milwaukee. I was approached and then given an opportunity to ride a motorcycle on the ice, and it was the best feeling ever.”
Who are the members of the Noise Hooligan Team?
- Brandon Gonzales – rides a Sportster 1200
- Juan Arceo – rides a Buell XB9
- Todd Canavan – rides a Sportster 1200
- Scott Jones – rides a Street XG750
How did the Hooligan Team come to fruition?
“Way back when, before I even raced, Brandon and Juan were running my shop t-shirts when they were out racing – long before the Hooligan team was even formed. Now we all race at least once a month.”
Follow Scott and the Noise Cycles team as they race – from the local tracks in California, to out-of-state tracks around the country. Check out their Instagram @noisecycles. Or follow Huntington Beach Harley-Davidson as we track their adventures on our Facebook and Instagram!
Head on down to our showroom at Huntington Beach Harley-Davidson and catch one of the Hooligan bikes on display! You just might catch a glimpse of Scott’s XG750 or Brandon’s Sportster 1200! If they aren’t out racing (or traveling to race), the bikes just may make an extended appearance at the dealership. The team will also be attending selected bike nights throughout the season with the bikes on display and the riders on-site! Come on down and check them out!
Read the full Noise Cycles Bio here.